Experience even more of the sea on the Pontoon directly in front of the building. From here you can view the boats on the water.
Regular visitors to the Pontoon include our fleet of:
- Bluebottle, the International Dragon owned by HRH the Queen and HRH the Duke of Edinburgh which won an Olympic bronze medal in 1956
- Curlew, our 100 year old Falmouth Quay Punt made famous by Tim and Pauline Carr who sailed her on the oceans throughout the world for ‘The World’s Oceans’
- Aileen, the very first St Mawes One Design
- Jonik, a 1934 gentleman’s launch
- Pipkin, a replica Cape Cod Cat boat which is often sailed by our volunteers
Other occasional visitors include:
- Sir Robin Knox-Johnston’s yacht Suhaili, the first boat to circumnavigate the globe non-stop
- Ellen, a 17ft Gorran Haven Crabber, built in 1882 – from the Cornish Maritime Trust
- The recently restored Softwing, a 24ft Truro River oyster dredger – – from the Cornish Maritime Trust
The pontoon is usually open when the Museum is open, subject to weather and safety conditions.