Saturday 14 October 2017
The eighth conference on maritime Cornwall held biannually and an opportunity to hear new information from researchers busy in the archives. There are plenty of opportunities to chat with fellow attendees and to explore the museum.
Speakers cover the ages from medieval to the early twentieth century and include:
- Pru Wells: Samuel Rickard, a 19th century Cornish Master Mariner
- Charlotte McKenzie: Francis Bamford and the slave trade
- Helen Doe: Brunel’s Great Western steamship and its Cornish connections.
- Roderick de Norman: American forces in Cornwall in WW2
- Peter Skidmore: The struggles of Truro in maintaining its river navigation
- Victoria Jenner: Maritime Cornish Churches Project
Early booking is recommended as this event is always very popular.
Tickets can be purchased from the front desk at the museum or over the phone 01326 313388 or buy tickets online here
- Adults: £30
- Museum annual pass holders: £25
- All tickets include all refreshments, lunch and admission to the museum and library