Volunteers are key to the running of the museum
Become a highly valued member of the team
Our crew of volunteers are very highly valued members of the museum team, helping in almost every aspect of what we do and contributing their time and skills to the successful running of the museum, working alongside our staff team.
We are extremely grateful for the continued support of our volunteers whose time and effort have contributed so much to the museum and our visitors. Whatever your background or experience, volunteering for the museum might just be for you.
You can get involved in a variety of ways:
- Work in public facing roles that help us engage our visitors with our collection and exhibitions; help us create an unforgettable day out for our visitors
- Work with our learning team to provide an inspirational school visit
- Assist visitors to our Library with their research enquiries
- Gain valuable hands-on experience and skills throughout a variety of volunteer roles
So why volunteer?
People volunteer for very different reasons, here are just a few:
- It’s sociable – you can volunteer with like-minded people and feel part of a team
- Excellent way to learn new skills and gain confidence before returning to work
- Valuable work experience to enhance job applications and your CV
Interested in joining our crew?
We currently have the following volunteer opportunities:
- Gallery Assistant (we are particularly looking for help at weekends)
- Gallery Assistant: Tattoo Exhibition
- Learning Assistant: Formal Learning (term-time only)
- Learning Assistant: Family Activities (school holiday periods)
- Fundraising Assistant
To apply for any of the above roles complete our volunteer registration form
For further information on volunteering:
Human Resources Manager: Linda Frost
Telephone: 01326 214559