Our crew of volunteers are very highly valued members of the Museum team.
They contribute to the successful running of the Museum, working alongside our staff team. We are extremely grateful for all the support our volunteers provide but we are always keen to encourage others to join us. You can help in a variety of ways; greeting visitors and helping them to find their way round, talking about the exhibits, researching, cataloguing books, taking care of our boats, delivering formal workshops to school groups, running family activities, helping our marketing department with mail outs.
Don’t worry if you don’t have previous experience of volunteering for a museum, as full support and training will be given.
People joining our volunteer team are often:
- recently retired and wanting to share their skills and life experience
- new to the area and want to meet people
- planning to return to employment and wanting to gain in skills and confidence before applying for work
- a student looking for valuable work experience to enhance job applications.
We currently have the following volunteer opportunities:
- Gallery volunteer
- Front of House volunteer
- Learning Activity Assistant
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Linda Frost, Human Resources Manager, on 01326 214559 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request more information.