Our publication programme
The Museum’s publication programme is an important part of its activities and grows out of collaboration with researchers in maritime history and our own research activities.
Troze is an online refereed journal covering a range of topics, many to do with Cornish and West Country maritime history. The articles cover two themes:
- General maritime matters
- The stories of Cornwall’s maritime past
We welcome article submissions on any aspect relating to our mission from enthusiastic researchers, writers or people who are knowledgeable or passionate about their topics: in short anyone who has something interesting and relevant to say. Please contact the editor at email@example.com or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Maritime Views is our online publication consisting of transcripts of historic documents and unrefereed articles. Two extended projects are:
- A Packet Surgeon’s journal – the diary of a young surgeon who travelled on the Packet ships in the 1820/1830s
- British Yachts and Yachtsmen – a transcript of this book from 1906
- Trafalgar – a series of articles on Cornish aspects of the great battle
- The Cammillieri Packet Portraits
Two publications written by Trustees arising out of their work with the Museum are:
- The Falmouth Packet Ships written by Tony Pawlyn, the Museum’s Head of Research. Priced at £4.99, this is the definitive book on the subject
- Osborne’s – Falmouth’s Unique Photographic Family written by Peter Searle. Priced at £14.99, a wonderful opportunity to showcase a selection of the remarkable and rare images from the Osborne family photographic collection, from four generations of the family recording the life of Falmouth – and further afield – over a period of 100 years
Both books are available by post from the museum shop.