Troze is the on-line journal of the National Maritime Museum Cornwall. A refereed journal, new volumes are issued roughly quarterly.
The articles cover two themes:
- General maritime matters
- The stories of Cornwall’s maritime past
The title of the journal uses a traditional Cornish word:
Troze: the sound made by water about the bows of a boat in motion (from R. Morton Nance, A Glossary of Cornish Sea Words)
Sign up for our Maritime Views newsletter by entering your email address in the newsletter box on the left.
We welcome article submissions on any aspect relating to our mission from enthusiastic researchers, writers or people who are knowledgeable or passionate about their topics: in short anyone who has something interesting and relevant to say.
Please contact the editor at email@example.com or at
National Maritime Museum Cornwall
Discovery Quay, Falmouth,
- Dr Cathryn Pearce, Greenwich Maritime Centre, Greenwich University (Editor)
- Dr Helen Doe, University of Exeter (Chairman)
- Captain George Hogg RN, National Maritime Museum Cornwall
- Dr Alston Kennerley, University of Plymouth
- Tony Pawlyn, Head of Library, National Maritime Museum Cornwall
- Dr Gary Tregidga, Institute of Cornish Studies, University of Exeter
Dr Nigel Rigby, National Maritime Museum
- Dr Martin Wilcox, Maritime Historical Studies Centre, University of Hull