Nowhere in Cornwall is more than 17 miles from the sea. This proximity has shaped both the landscape and its people.
How has it shaped your life?
Share your stories, personal connections and memories of the sea in Cornwall with us and we’ll compile highlights into an online gallery, interactive display in the museum and our annual journal.
Make sure you use the hashtag #CornwallTheSeaandMe
Email us email@example.com subject: CornwallTheSeandMe
WIN AMAZING PRIZES!
Each month the Museum team will choose a favourite story and we have some amazing prizes for each winner…
Some of the prizes on offer so far from our fantastic partners…
This month’s prize:
Nestled on Falmouth’s historic harbour, The Greenbank blends the best of coastal living with the finest in contemporary comfort. Steeped in history with unbeatable sweeping sea views, the four-star hotel was originally built in 1640 and has now been lovingly refurbished.
Moor up on The Greenbank’s private pontoons, float from your boat to the dinner table, then sink a few local pints in their cosy quayside pub The Working Boat. From rustic fine dining in the Water’s Edge restaurant, to al fresco cocktails on the terrace or hearty pub favourites – there’s something for everyone.
And at the end of the day, the plushest of rooms await. Whether it’s a lazy lie-in with breakfast in bed, a soothing spa treatment or long soak in your bath tub – there’s every excuse to retreat to this Cornish coastal hideaway.
The prize details:
Winter is a magical time when it feels that you almost have Cornwall all to yourself. Win a Cornish Winter Getaway at The Greenbank and enjoy a one night stay for two people in a harbour view room, including a hearty breakfast and cream tea to share in the iconic Water’s Edge bar. Subject to availability, excluding Christmas and New Year
Some of the prizes on offer over the coming months….
- A winter getaway for 2 people at the beautiful The Greenbank Hotel
- Fish and chip supper for two at Rick Stein’s
- 2 course lunch for two at the wonderful Budock Vean Hotel and boat trip with Helford River Cruises or Kayak Trip with Koru Kayaking
- Sunday lunch for a family of 4 at The Rosevine Hotel on The Roseland Peninsuala
- Vouchers to spend with WeSUP paddleboard centre based in Falmouth Cornwall – WeSUP provides world class Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP) experiences. They include super fun beginner lessons, beautiful guided coastal tours and SUP equipment rental
- Bed and breakfast for one night for two people at the beautiful new rooms in the newly refurbished Chainlocker Inn in Falmouth
- A 1 day family Fal Mussel Card The Fal Mussel Card allows unlimited hop on hop off travel on the award winning network of classic ferries, rural bus services and trains that connect the many places to visit around the Fal River. Perfect for family adventures in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Help shape our future
Your stories will also be part of the museum’s wider consultation with communities to inform the future content of our Cornwall galleries.
We also have an ONLINE SURVEY you can complete to help shape our future.