Nowhere in Cornwall is more than 17 miles from the sea. This proximity has shaped both the landscape and its people.
How has it shaped your life?
Share your stories, personal connections and memories of the sea in Cornwall with us and we’ll compile highlights into an online gallery, interactive display in the museum and our annual journal.
Make sure you use the hashtag #CornwallTheSeaandMe
Email us firstname.lastname@example.org subject: CornwallTheSeandMe
WIN AMAZING PRIZES!
Each month the Museum team will choose a favourite story and we have some amazing prizes for each winner…
This month’s prize:
This month’s prize for our favourite post in our #CornwallTheSeaandMe community social media engagement campaign is an amazing lunch for two at the beautiful Budock Vean Hotel in their AA Rosette restaurant renowned for amazing food AND a memorable boat tour of the Helford River with Helford River Cruises.
On a quiet bend of the tranquil Helford River nestles the award-winning 4 star Budock Vean Hotel. Set in 65 acres of glorious gardens, woodlands and its own golf course – The Budock Vean is a sanctuary for rest and relaxation. With an AA Rosette restaurant renowned for amazing food, relaxing treatments in the Natural Health Spa, luxury self catering holiday homes, tennis courts, kayaking and boat trips along the river.
Plus: a memorable boat tour of the Helford River with Helford River Cruises. Enjoy the tranquility of the Helford River and Creeks on a memorable boat tour. An experienced boatman will guide you through the area of outstanding natural beauty with ancient oak woodlands and deep sheltered valleys with an abundance of birds and other wildlife.
Some of the fantastic prizes on offer so far from our brilliant partners…
- A winter getaway for 2 people at the beautiful The Greenbank Hotel
- Fish and chip supper for two at Rick Stein’s
- 2 course lunch for two at the wonderful Budock Vean Hotel and boat trip with Helford River Cruises or Kayak Trip with Koru Kayaking
- Sunday lunch for a family of 4 at The Rosevine Hotel on The Roseland Peninsuala
- Vouchers to spend with WeSUP paddleboard centre based in Falmouth Cornwall – WeSUP provides world class Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP) experiences. They include super fun beginner lessons, beautiful guided coastal tours and SUP equipment rental
- Bed and breakfast for one night for two people at the beautiful new rooms in the newly refurbished Chainlocker Inn in Falmouth
- A 1 day family Fal Mussel Card The Fal Mussel Card allows unlimited hop on hop off travel on the award winning network of classic ferries, rural bus services and trains that connect the many places to visit around the Fal River. Perfect for family adventures in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Help shape our future
Your stories will also be part of the museum’s wider consultation with communities to inform the future content of our Cornwall galleries.
We also have an ONLINE SURVEY you can complete to help shape our future.