Nowhere in Cornwall is more than 17 miles from the sea. This proximity has shaped both the landscape and its people.
How has it shaped your life?
Share your stories, personal connections and memories of the sea in Cornwall with us and we’ll compile highlights into an online gallery, interactive display in the museum and our annual journal.
Make sure you use the hashtag #CornwallTheSeaandMe
Win amazing prizes!
Each month the Museum team will choose a favourite story and we have some amazing prizes for each winner…
This month’s prize
This relaxed seafood restaurant in Falmouth has classic fish and chips at the heart of the menu, alongside some of Rick’s favourite dishes such as Indonesian seafood curry, Cornish crab and salt and pepper prawns. They also have a takeaway serving fish and chips, tiger prawns, fish chilli burgers, battered oysters and more.
They take bookings for lunch and dinner (and at busy times such as school holidays they would highly recommend that you do book) otherwise pop in.
Some of the fantastic prizes on offer so far from our brilliant partners…
- A winter getaway for 2 people at the beautiful The Greenbank Hotel
- Fish and chip supper for two at Rick Stein’s
- 2 course lunch for two at the wonderful Budock Vean Hotel and boat trip with Helford River Cruises or Kayak Trip with Koru Kayaking
- A fab summer BBQ for a family of 4 at The Rosevine Hotel on The Roseland Peninsuala
- Vouchers to spend with WeSUP paddleboard centre based in Falmouth Cornwall – WeSUP provides world class Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP) experiences. They include super fun beginner lessons, beautiful guided coastal tours and SUP equipment rental
- Bed and breakfast for one night for two people at the beautiful new rooms in the newly refurbished Chainlocker Inn in Falmouth
- A 1 day family Fal Mussel Card The Fal Mussel Card allows unlimited hop on hop off travel on the award winning network of classic ferries, rural bus services and trains that connect the many places to visit around the Fal River. Perfect for family adventures in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Help shape our future
Your stories will also be part of the museum’s wider consultation with communities to inform the future content of our Cornwall galleries.
We also have an ONLINE SURVEY you can complete to help shape our future.