All aboard shipmates!
Monday 15 July to Friday 30 August
Monday – Friday
Four sessions each day – 11am, 12pm, 2pm, 3pm
In our fun packed summer holiday sessions learn what every budding Buccaneer needs to know about being a pirate in the Golden Age of Piracy!
What you’ll learn at Pirate School
- How to load a cannon and different types of shot
- What you might eat and drink
- Learn to find your way around a ship
- Handle some pirate treasure!
- Learn to sing a shanty
- What weapons you might fight with and why – and what terrible wounds you might get and how they might be treated!
- Hear the amazing tales of the pirates Anne Bonny and Mary Read; and learn of the daring and wicked exploits of other infamous pirates – such as Blackbeard, Black Bart and Sam Bellamy
Treasure map trail
Seven pirate parrots have jumped ship and are hidden in the National Maritime Museum Cornwall. Can you find them? Discover them all and claim your prize.
Make and Take workshops
Take part in daily crafting workshops and create your own pirate cutlass, parrot, pirate hand and treasure chest – all you’ll need for a journey on the high seas.
Treasure Island Play Zone
Swing by the Treasure Island Play Zone and join in the fun with dressing up and a ship to climb aboard.
15 galleries over four floors, jump aboard the boats, climb the 100 foot Look Out Tower, watch shipwrights at work in the boat building workshop, go under water in the Tidal Zone, hear ocean adventures and survival stories.
All the special summer holiday activities are included for free as part of the admission price to enter the museum.