On Saturday 14 and Sunday 15 December National Maritime Museum Cornwall is FREE to Cornish residents. Make sure you add the dates to your diary! Here’s why you should join us over the Falmouth Festive FREE weekend.
With festive crafting sessions, a museum trail, special Packet Ship talks – as well as all the usual museum favourites, it’s the perfect time to see why we’re Cornwall’s most visited museum.
Make and Take crafts
Create a traditional maritime Christmas card for loved ones, complete with a wax seal, in our Make and Take crafting workshops.
Packet Ship Talks
Join us in the Packet Ship Gallery to hear more about Falmouth’s Packet Ships and the fascinating role they played in the town’s history.
There is seven ship’s lanterns hidden throughout the Museum – find them all and claim your prize!
See Titanic Stories before is closes
Our latest blockbuster exhibition, Titanic Stories, closes on Sunday 5 January – see it before it goes.
There’s so much to see at National Maritime Museum Cornwall. Make the most of your visit and explore:
• The Tidal Zone with views under the sea
• The Lookout Tower for breathtaking panoramic views of Falmouth
• Beautiful paintings and linocuts by renowned artist James Dodds
• An insight into Porthleven’s past in our latest exhibition ‘Porthleven, A Journey Through Time’
• Cornwall and Falmouth’s maritime heritage in the Cornwall Galleries
• The flying flotilla in the Main Hall
• The RNLI Rescue Zone
• The Boating Pool where you can challenge yourself to sailing races
• The Treasure Island Play Zone where imaginations can go wild
• The café where you can drink in the incredible views
• The gift shop – perfect for last minute Christmas gifts
Please bring along proof of your postcode such as a bill or driving license. Annual passes can be bought on the day at the usual admissions price.