Hop aboard a boating gem and see a different view of Falmouth with a Heritage Boat Tour. Complete with a knowledgeable guide uncover more about the town’s fascinating maritime history, drink in the breathtaking views and discover a different way to explore the Cornish coastline.
With a handful of passengers, plus crew, the tours are an exclusive and unique experience. The trip, which lasts an hour, starts and ends at the museum, and takes in key Falmouth landmarks and beautiful river scenes.
Your ticket includes a day pass to the museum so spend the morning visiting the 15 galleries, our current major exhibition, the Tidal Zone and the Look Out Tower, plus much more!
Jonik was built in 1934 in Fowey by Percy Clemens and was donated to the museum by the original owner. After careful and meticulous restoration Jonik is now ready for a renewed life at sea.
Take a look at the Heritage Boat Tours gallery
Available Monday 4 May – Sunday 27 September
Tour schedule to be confirmed.
Please arrive at the meeting point 20 minutes before the start of the tour. The meeting point is located behind the welcome desk. Staff and volunteers can direct you.
Boat and museum day pass
Annual pass holders
|Children (under 18s)|
|Children (2 – 4 years)|
To book tickets on the day of the trip please call us on 01326 313388.
How long will the tour last?
The tour will last one hour.
What time do I need to meet the tour guide?
Please meet 20 minutes before the start of the tour at the designated meeting point. The meeting point will be just after the welcome desk. This allows enough time to put on life jackets and get ready for the tour.
Are there facilities on the boat?
There are no toilet or refreshment facilities on the boat. The museum has toilets and a well-stocked café for refreshments, which you are welcome to use before or after the boat trip.
Can I take my baby on the tour with me?
Unfortunately, due to safety concerns, we are unable to offer spaces to any children under the age of two, including babies.
Can I transfer my ticket to another day?
Unfortunately tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable. If the museum has to cancel a tour a ticket transfer or full refund will be given.
If it rains is there somewhere dry to sit?
The boat does not have a covered area and is open to the elements. We recommend being prepared for all weather conditions with suitable clothing and footwear.
NMMC Historic Boat Tours Terms & Conditions
- The sale of tickets and the operation of the boat tours are by Discovery Quay Enterprises (Trading) Ltd (“DQET”), the trading arm of the National Maritime Museum Cornwall Trust (“NMMC“, “the museum”).
- Acceptance of a ticket by a passenger shall be deemed as conclusive evidence of their acceptance of these Terms & Conditions.
Cancellation & refund
- We reserve the right to cancel any tour, for example if the weather is deemed too dangerous to sail or if the vessel is out of service.
- If we cancel your trip you will be offered a choice of alternative dates but if none of these are suitable you will be entitled to a full refund.
- No refunds will be given if you cannot attend your allocated tour.
- In the event that the boat breaks down part way through the tour the visitors will be transferred back to the museum and offered an alternative tour or if not suitable a full refund will be given.
Availability and accessibility
- We are offering adult tickets (18 and over), child tickets (5 to 17 years) and (2 – 4 years) in line with museum’s admission tariff.
- For children under 5 we are able to provide life jackets for those weighing from 10kg to 15kg. If the life jacket is too large to fit your child then we reserve the right for our boat crew to refuse access onto the boat and a full refund will be given for the group.
- We are unable to offer boat trips to under 2s for safety reasons.
- Children aged under 16 will need to be accompanied by an adult.
- If you have any medical conditions that may affect you while on board (e.g. diabetes, epilepsy, heart conditions, etc.), it is advised that you inform your guide on arrival. Should you be taken ill, we will then be able to get the best medical attention for you.
- Due to the nature of our historic boats there is no wheelchair access and we are therefore unable to accommodate for wheelchair users. Please be aware that embarking and alighting the boat maybe challenging for those with restricted mobility.
- Dogs are not permitted on the boat trips, however we do welcome visitors with guide dogs and assistance dogs. A dog ‘lounge’ is available outside the museum in a sheltered and protected location near the entrance with a dog bed, lead tie up and water bowl.
- Access to the boats is from the museum’s pontoon which at low tide can be a steep slope.
- Please be aware that we are at sea and we can take no responsibility for the loss or damage of your personal property.
- We shall not be liable for the act or neglect of our employees or agents acting outside the scope of their employment.
- Our employees and agents have no authority to waive or vary these conditions.
- Passengers shall be bound by and shall comply with all regulations and comply with all orders given by the boat crew.
- No food, drink or alcohol is allowed on board and if you are deemed unfit to travel with us through alcohol or other intoxication then you will be refused entry onto our boat and you will not receive a refund.
- Smoking is not allowed on board or on the museum’s premises.
- We ask all our passengers to respect other passengers and not to use language that could be perceived as threatening or rude.
- Any passenger who is causing a nuisance or disturbance will be taken back to shore and will not receive a refund.
- Passengers need to be aware that there is no weather protection on the boat so it is advised to wear appropriate clothing.
- The boat tour should take no more than one hour. Should it overrun for any reason, we accept no liability for any resulting costs or damages.
- Please feel free to bring cameras, video cameras or binoculars, but no tripods or monopods are allowed.
- The boat will leave at the allocated time and is unable to wait for late arrivals.
- Where tickets are being sold that include admission to the museum, DQET is acting as agent for NMMC.