Due to ongoing uncertainties, the sleepover programme is currently unavailable. We will continue to review the situation with the aim of relaunching the programme in September 2022. We apologise for any disappointment but thank you for your understanding.
A special experience
Our ‘sleepover’ programme has been specially developed for schools that have found it too difficult to visit the museum within a normal ‘school visit day’. The whole package offers not only an unforgettable learning experience for your pupils, spending a ‘night at the museum’, but also an innovative way of saving money and freeing up valuable time to explore more of Cornwall.
Each sleepover includes:
- Hands-on curriculum workshops lead by members of the education team
- Racing radio controlled sailboats on our large boat pool
- A magical torch-lit tour of the ‘museum at night’
- Animated film or cartoons in our 100 seat cinema
- A ‘midnight feast’ of hot chocolate and biscuits
- An opportunity to sleep in the museum galleries
- A trained member of the education team on-call and on-site throughout the night
- Breakfast next morning, with the option of an additional hands-on activity before you leave
- Full booking support and risk assessment information
- £24.95 per child (min group size 30)
- Save more money: all adult leaders free of charge! We don’t charge adults for their stay, saving you over £125 per class.
Free curriculum workshops
We will provide a full curriculum programme free of charge during the evening of your visit (normal cost about £105 per class). Choose from:
- Vikings – raiders, traders and sailors
- Tudor explorers
- Wreck and rescue around the Cornish coast
- Scrapheap sailboat challenge
Make the most of your time
A typical school visit to the museum takes the best part of a day. On a sleepover we will run a ‘full day’ programme for you during the evening, freeing up valuable time to explore other attractions such as Eden and Tate St Ives.
Formal Learning Manager: Seth Hall
Telephone: 01326 214 535