A special experience
Our ‘sleepover’ programme has been specially developed for schools that have found it too difficult to visit the museum within a normal ‘school visit day’. The whole package offers not only an unforgettable learning experience for your pupils, spending a ‘night at the museum’, but also an innovative way of saving money and freeing up valuable time to explore more of Cornwall.
Each sleepover includes:
- Hands-on curriculum workshops lead by members of the education team
- Racing radio controlled sailboats on our large boat pool
- A magical torch-lit tour of the ‘museum at night’
- Animated film or cartoons in our 100 seat cinema
- A ‘midnight feast’ of hot chocolate and biscuits
- An opportunity to sleep in the museum galleries
- A trained member of the education team on-call and on-site throughout the night
- Breakfast next morning, with the option of an additional hands-on activity before you leave
- Full booking support and risk assessment information
- £24.95 per child (min group size 30)
- Save more money: all adult leaders free of charge! We don’t charge adults for their stay, saving you over £125 per class.
Free curriculum workshops
We will provide a full curriculum programme free of charge during the evening of your visit (normal cost about £105 per class). Choose from:
- Vikings – raiders, traders and sailors
- Tudor explorers
- Wreck and rescue around the Cornish coast
- Scrapheap sailboat challenge
Make the most of your time
A typical school visit to the museum takes the best part of a day. On a sleepover we will run a ‘full day’ programme for you during the evening, freeing up valuable time to explore other attractions such as Eden and Tate St Ives.
Formal Learning Manager: Seth Hall
Telephone: 01326 214 535