Craft your very own Crab Shaker at home. Here’s all the information you’ll need to get started.
You will need:
- A paper plate
- Beads or dried beans
- A stapler
- Paint, or colouring pens or pencils.
- Coloured card
- Pipe cleaners (you could use card instead).
- Wobbly eyes (or you could draw your own).
- Optional decorations include tissue paper and pompoms.
- Paint, or colour in your plate using the colour that you would like your crab to be.
- Fold your paper plate in half
- With your plate partially folded, place inside a handful of beads or dried beans.
- Staple around the curved edge of the plate to secure. Make sure there are enough staples so that the beads do not fall out.
- Cut your pipe cleaners in half. Using staples or tape attach four pipe cleaners to each side to make legs.
- Cut two small strips of card for the eyes. Glue these to the top straight edge of your plate. At the top of these strips glue your wobbly eyes.
- On your card draw two crab claws. Cut them out and attach them to your crab.
- Finally add any extra decorations you would like, for example tissue paper and pompoms.
- Now you are ready to shake your crab and make some music!
Take part in more Make and Take at Home activities.