Thank you to everyone that came along to the Falmouth Festive FREE Weekend. We hope everyone had a great time.
On Saturday 11 and Sunday 12 December National Maritime Museum Cornwall is FREE to Cornish residents. Make sure to add the dates to your diary!
After a challenging year, we’re delighted to welcome all those with a Cornish postcode to the Museum for free. There’ll be festive crafting, a museum trail as well as all the usual museum favourites.
Make and Take crafts
Get Christmas crafting at the Make and Take craft sessions. Create festive decorations to hang in your home.
There is seven ship’s lanterns hidden throughout the Museum – can you find them all?
On Saturday at 1.30pm embrace the festive spirit and see the wonderful Trengilly Singers perform in the Main Hall.
Pop by our shop and have Christmas shopping all wrapped-up in no time!
There’s so much to see at National Maritime Museum Cornwall. Here’s what to keep an eye out for:
- Go underwater without getting wet in The Tidal Zone
- Climb to the top of the Lookout Tower for breathtaking panoramic views of Falmouth
- Gain an insight into Falmouth’s past in our exhibition ‘Memories of Falmouth’
- Cornwall and Falmouth’s maritime heritage in the Cornwall Galleries
- Step under the flying flotilla in the Main Hall
- Climb on the rescue vehicles in the RNLI Rescue Zone
- Challenge yourself to sailing races on the Boat Pool
- Let imaginations run wild in the Treasure Island Play Zone
- Drink in the views from the Waterside Cafe
- Explore the Gift Shop – perfect for last minute Christmas gifts
We have a number of measures in place to ensure the safety and wellbeing of everyone in our building. Take a look at what we’re doing to maintain a COVID secure environment.